The mission of St Stephen's Stewardship Commission is to develop a year-round process for stewardship education and formation for the parish. Stewardship at St Stephen's is defined as "Using the gifts God has given us, to do the work God is calling us to do."
While the Vestry has the responsibility as stewards of all the resources of the parish, the Stewardship Commission will share this responsibility by bringing its knowledge and experience to bear on using the parish's time, talent and treasure effectively to do the work God is calling us to do.
Some of the responsibilities of the Stewardship Commission are:
- Present educational programs to the parish that focus on the key concepts and the key truths of stewardship including planned giving and proportional giving
- Create and maintain a Time, Talent and Treasure Survey for the parish and follow up by sharing this information with the heads of other ministries
- Develop a means to involve newcomers in the mission of St Stephen's
- Work with the clergy, support year-round sermons and lay witness opportunities that testify to lives of thankful stewards and talk about ways in which God's Grace is experienced through generous acts of giving
- Legacy Stewardship benefits our church. Your planned gift supports St Stephen's with additional resources for future mission and ministry - everything from outreach programs to music, memorials, property maintenance or the special needs of our parish.